This episode of Fringe was definitely interesting. Re-doing a previous case from season 1 may be deemed lazy by some, but it also rewards long-time viewers by reminding them that the writers haven’t forgotten them! Seeing how the case was altered, and also tied into Jones’ plan was also very cool to see!
The episode begins with (if I am remembering correctly) the same scene from episode 13 from season 1, “The Transformation.” A man on a plane is going through some sort of mental freak-out, and he pleads to the flight attendants to make sure he stays in the plane’s bathroom at all costs. If you remember from season 1, he breaks out, killing all of the people on the plane, and causes it to crash. But this is Fringe, so of course the story line does not play out in the same way.
I don’t want to give much away, for those who haven’t seen the episode yet, but overall it was very well done! Even when Fringe has it’s weaker episodes such as this one, they are still miles above almost everything else on television. So when I say that it was a weaker episode for Fringe, I am speaking in relative terms. Which means that I still absolutely loved it!
Six episodes left everyone! Make sure to tune in to see the amazing finale on May 11th!
Some extra things:
1. Last night, Fringe rose back up to a 1.2 adults 18-49 rating! Assuming that it isn’t adjusted in the finals, that’s a 33% jump up from last week’s series low of 0.9! Great job Fringies!
2. Walter had a line in the episode in which he said “No news is good news.” The context of the story was that he was telling Lincoln that no news is good news when it comes to his being infected. However, I can’t help but wonder if the writer’s threw that in as a little side comment to mention the fact that Fox hasn’t yet given a renewal or cancellation to Fringe yet. Maybe it’s nothing, but I definitely noticed it.
3. Anyone notice the name of the magazine that Walter was reading when he came out of the bathroom? Made me laugh! Oh, Walter.
4. I didn’t notice the Observer this episode…
5. Last thing: this episode made me jump more times than not. Definitely good job with the suspense Fringe!
Make sure to tune in to Fringe on Fox, Fridays at 9!
One more thing, I just wanted to add this sequence of pictures from last week’s episode, just because it was such an awesome moment!